CBC Releases Stats for Multiplatform Coverage of Sochi Games
Feb 11, 2014
Source: Broadcaster Magazine
CBC/Radio-Canada is providing Canadians with access to Olympic content across all TV, digital and mobile platforms, with 28 million Canadians having tuned-in to some part of Olympic content on either a French or English platform since Feb. 6 (81% of all Canadians). Of the 28 million Canadians, 9% tuned in to watch on a digital platform.
CBC’s Sochi 2014 Olympic Daytime posted 10% higher than Olympic Daytime for Day 2 in Vancouver 2010. Vancouver 2010’s Olympic Daytime ran 12 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST with all content available live, and posted a 2+ audience of 3.030 million on Day 2 on CTV only. CBC posted a 2+ audience of 3.325 million for its Olympic Daytime program (10 a.m. - 3 p.m., all live content).
Opening Ceremony (Feb 7)
· 19 million Canadians watched the live or an encore presentation of the opening ceremony on either a French of English platform.
Day 1 (Feb. 8)
· 21.7 million Canadians tuned in to any Olympic content on either a French or English platform (17.6 on English alone)
Day 2 (Feb. 9)
· 22.75 million Canadians tuned in to any Olympic content on either a French or English platform (18.6 on English alone).
· On Feb. 8, the audience peaked at 2:38 p.m. EST on CBC with 3.859 million viewers (the end of Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch's pairs free skate performance for the Figure Skating Team Competition).
· On Feb. 9, the peak minute was 12:44 p.m. EST on CBC with a 2+ audience of 4.844 million (the end of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's free dance performance for the Figure Skating Team Competition).
As of 2 p.m. EST on February 10:
· The CBC Olympic Games app that was launched on January 30 has surpassed over 1 million downloads.
· Canadians have streamed just under 1.4 million hours of Live and On-demand video on the CBC Olympics website, with almost 450,000 hours viewed during the day of the Opening Ceremonies.
Sources: BBM Canada, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Apple, and Google
© Broadcaster Magazine