Nanos Research: Ontarians' view of TVO and TFO
Apr 2, 2014
A significant majority of Ontarians (7 of 10) believe that Premier Wynne should keep the promise of long term funding support for TVO and TFO, according to the latest survey of 1,000 Ontarians conducted between March 21st and 24th, 2014.
- Most Ontarians are in favour of the Government of Ontario maintaining (46%) or increasing (23%) support for TVO.
- 69% agree or somewhat agree (50% and 19%, respectively) that Premier Wynne should keep the promise of long term funding support for TVO and TFO.
- These results take place within the context of a provincial party competition where the governing Liberal Party (36%) is modestly ahead of the Progressive Conservative Party (32%) among decided voters. Although the Progressive Conservatives are second in first preferences, it is the second choice of only a small percentage of the provincial electorate.
- 86% of Liberal, 76% of NDP, and 52% of PC supporters would advise Premier Wynne to maintain or increase support for TVO and TFO, while 8% of Liberal, 8% of NDP, and 38% of PC supporters would advise her to decrease support for TVO and TFO.
- 86% of Liberal, 77% of NDP, and 44% of PC supporters would like the Premier to keep the promise of her predecessor to provide long term stable funding for TVO and TFO.
Nanos conducted a RDD dual frame (land- and cell-lines) hybrid telephone and online survey of 1,000 Ontarians 18 years and older between March 21st and 24th, 2014. Participants were randomly recruited by telephone and administered a survey online.
The margin of error for a random survey of 1,000 Ontarians is ±3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
Apr 2, 2014 - News Release - Don’t harm TVO and TFO: Nanos poll
According to a new poll, a strong majority of Ontario voters believe Premier Wynne should keep the promise of long term funding for TVO and TFO made by her predecessor, and seven-in-ten favour maintaining or increasing funding for the provincial public broadcasters.